WITH THIS BLOG MORE THAN ANY OTHER, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU WATCH THE VIDEO!!!!
I have been talking with people a lot about this blog, so there is already a bit of buzz about it. In my opinion, I think it is the best (or at least the funniest) blog I’ve ever done. If this one doesn’t get any kind of response to the poll at the end, then I may very well throw in the towel!
I was talking with a friend of mine who said, “You’re very sexy.” (It wasn’t a random compliment; it came up somehow during the conversation, but I don’t remember the context.)
I said, “You know if you said that to me in person, I would be blushing, covering my face, averting my eyes, telling you to stop it, and so on. So here’s my question for you: does that bashful reaction increase the sexiness?”
She said, “Absolutely.”
That got me thinking about different ways someone might react to being called sexy. Some reactions might INCREASE it, while others might DECREASE it. I came up with five different reactions:
(1) EXTREMELY LOW SELF-OPINION: This is the kind of person who refuses to be called sexy, almost to a violent degree. They think so poorly of themselves that they can’t tolerate the thought of taking a compliment.
(2) BASHFUL: As I described above, this is the person who would cover their face, blush, be rendered speechless.
(3) HUMBLE: This person might laugh off the compliment. As for a verbal reaction, they might say something like, “Well…I don’t agree, but thank you.”
(4) GRACIOUS/COOL: Also known as the “sexy and I know it” response, this person differs from the humble character in one key way: they will not say the “I don’t agree” part. They will just say “thank you” and be on their way, as if being called sexy doesn’t even phase them…and it usually doesn’t, because they already know.
(5) ARROGANT: We all know this one. This is the type of person who may never actually hear someone else call them sexy…because they’re already walking around declaring how sexy they are anyway. Nothing wrong with being confident, but this person crosses the line into Obnoxious Land.
So there you have it: the five reactions to being called sexy that I thought of.
OPEN POLL: This is a two-part poll. I’d like to know which reaction INCREASES sexiness, which one DECREASES it, and (if you have the time) WHY you feel that way.
I hope this gets a good response. The answers will be fun to hear!